Testing and Evaluations
Wherever you are in your rehab journey. We are here to help.
With decades of neurorehabilitation experience, our clinical team comprises some of the region’s most highly qualified experts in testing and evaluation services.
We provide timely, professional and accurate evaluation services to assist clients with even their most challenging Workers Compensation, Auto and Disability Insurance Claims.
We offer the following evaluations:
- Neuropsychological Evaluations to provide diagnosis, recommendations, and treatment plans to address a variety of medical and cognitive disorders.
- Independent Medical Examinations to determine the cause, extent and medical treatment of a work-related or other injury.
- Pre-Vocational Cognitive Evaluations (PVE) identify physical, emotional, behavioral, cognitive and vocation assets or barriers to employment.
What is a Neuropsychological Evaluation?
A neuropsychological evaluation is a non-invasive, comprehensive assessment to measure cognitive abilities and mood. A neuropsychological evaluation gauges the level of functionality in cognitive domains such as orientation, attention and language. Tests involve a questionnaire and typically take four to six hours.
Why Do I Need a Neuropsychological Evaluation?
A neuropsychological evaluation is recommended when an individual shows impairment in cognitive, emotional and functional abilities, which can result from traumatic brain injury or other neurological conditions, such as Alzheimer’s disease or stroke.
Evaluation results may be used to:
• Formulate a diagnosis
• Define cognitive strengths and weaknesses
• Assist in developing a treatment plan
• Provide recommendations for daily life
• Document possible changes in functioning
What Does a Neuropsychological Evaluation Measure?
Neuropsychological assessments examine various skills and abilities, including:
• Attention and concentration
• Learning and memory skills
• Planning and abstract thinking
• Mood and emotions
• Visual-spatial functions
• Motor and sensory functions
• Academic skills
What are the Benefits of a Neuropsychological Evaluation?
Neuropsychological evaluation is an integral tool in establishing a baseline for diagnosis and treatment. The assessment helps a neuropsychologist develop a comprehensive treatment plan and provide appropriate expectations and behavioral interventions.
What Happens After an Evaluation?
Assessment results will help determine the appropriate level of care needed to make the fullest recovery possible. A neuropsychologist will review results and recommendations with the patient and provide a written report to the physician. The report may also be shared with the patient or others involved in their care as requested.
The following programs may be recommended based on results:
• Outpatient services can improve functioning and help regain daily living skills. Services include cognitive rehabilitation therapy, physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech and language therapy, vestibular therapy and LSVT Big & Loud™ therapy.
• Day treatment programs can help regain daily living skills and promote independence.
• Residential rehabilitation provides customized supervision and individualized rehabilitation in personal care, household management, health and medical care, grocery shopping, money management and budgeting.
Payment & Coverage Information for Neuropsychological Testing
Payment for neuropsychological testing varies by case. Potential payors include health insurance, Medicare, Medicaid Managed Long Term Services and Supports (MLTSS), Worker’s Compensation and the Department of Vocational Rehabilitation. Private pay is also available. Bancroft NeuroRehab will assist you in selecting the best resource and completing paperwork.