Brain Injury Rehabilitation for Veterans
NeuroRehab Worthy of a Hero
Now offering telehealth services to our patients:
Bancroft NeuroRehab’s clinical staff specializes in addressing the challenges associated with neurological brain injuries acquired in military and nonmilitary settings, including PTSD and other cognitive, psychological and physical challenges many face.
We are privileged to earn referrals for rehabilitation services from Veterans Administration (VA) Medical Centers, VA Polytrauma/Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) System of Care and regional VA and Department of Defense Medical Centers. Our world-class roster of neuropsychologists, therapists and case managers works closely with VA and Department of Defense clinical case managers, TBI coordinators and social workers to develop the most appropriate treatment plan to help each individual rebound, recover and reconnect with the community.
Each member of the clinical team specializes in helping individuals recover from their unique brain injury or neurological condition. The interdisciplinary clinical team assesses each individual to customize an evidence-based treatment plan that may include:
- Neuropsychological Assessment to gauge the level of functionality in cognitive domains such as orientation, attention and language.
- Cognitive Rehabilitation Therapy to improve memory, attention deficit, social behavior, future planning and judgment.
- Physical Therapy to restore mobility, and improve muscle tone, balance, strength and endurance.
- Occupational Therapy to restore skill needed to function successfully at home, work and in the community.
- Psychotherapy to aid in adjustment to injury, deficit awareness, redevelopment of social skills, maintaining relationships and education regarding the illness or injury.
- Speech and Language Therapy to improve communication and language skills and swallowing.
- Vestibular Therapy to improve balance and reduce dizziness through exercise.
- Vision Therapy to improve fundamental visual skills and abilities to support the connection of the eyes to the brain.
- LSVT Big & Loud Therapy™ to improve gait and speech for clients with Parkinson’s.
Day Treatment Program
Day treatment programs provide goal-based, structured programming centered on activities and recreation to help individuals regain functional abilities, vocational abilities, daily living skills and an overall quality of life. Clinicians assess each client to develop a customized treatment plan addressing communication and language skills, cognitive deficits, vocational abilities, back-to-work transition, behavior modification and community participation.
Bancroft NeuroRehab’s contemporary group homes and apartments provide a living solution to help veterans with an acquired brain injury or neurological condition regain life skills and increase independence. Residents benefit from the continuity of therapy at Bancroft NeuroRehab centers to apply newly-acquired skills at home and in the community. Residents seamlessly transition through our residential continuum and levels of support as their needs and abilities change over time.
Our residential programs offer:
- Full range of day treatment services, including related therapies and vocational opportunities
- Individualized rehabilitation in personal care, household management, health and medical care, grocery shopping, money management and budgeting
- Customized supervision from intensive to intermittent support
- Social, recreational and spiritual activities
- Behavioral programming
- Transportation from group home to day treatment programs, therapies, medical appointments and community outings
How are services paid for?
Payment for services depends on each individual’s situation. Bancroft NeuroRehab will assist you in selecting the best resource and completing the paperwork. Potential payors include:
- Humana Military
- Private health insurance
- An individual agreement between the VA’s fee-basis office and Bancroft NeuroRehab
- Private pay is also available