- This event has passed.
WEBINAR: Managing Dementia: Promoting Function and Maintaining Independence at Home
November 30, 2016 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Managing Dementia: Promoting Function and Maintaining Independence at Home
For individuals with dementia, difficulties with memory, cognition and mood can be a source of frustration. However, no matter the task—from dialing a phone number and managing money to dressing and grooming—compensatory strategies can help. Through alternate activity interventions and proven communication strategies, professionals and caregivers can ensure those they support have the tools necessary to live fulfilling lives.
Join us for this 60-minute webinar to explore:
- The ins and outs of dementia, including overview and diagnosis
- Tips and tricks to mitigate common challenges
- Expected changes in memory, thinking, mood and function
- Therapeutic interventions to promote independence and safety
- Approaches to family supports and home modifications